Dear St Philip’s Families,
The last week of term was a very special time in our school. We started the lead up to Holy Week with our Key Stage 1 Liturgy. The children led us beautifully through the story of Palm Sunday and it was wonderful to be joined by so many friends and family members. Thank you all for coming. Later, children from across the school led us in a very moving Stations of Cross at St Philip’s Church.
A big thank you to ‘The Friends’ for organising our Easter Egg Raffle. I am looking forward to the draw at the end of the school day!
This week we held a Fire Drill and I would like to congratulate staff and children for being a full 15 seconds faster than the previous drill. We were also visited by Mrs King, a local headteacher, who was very impressed with the teaching and learning in our school. Well done to all the children and staff for all their hard work.
As the weather gets warmer, please don’t forget to send your child in with a sunhat and sun cream. Children need to apply sun cream themselves. If your child is unable to do this, please consider using an all-day variety, alternatively you are very welcome to pop in to the office at lunch time to help your child apply sun cream.
The children in several year groups have been enjoying educational trips. These could not happen without parental help and we are very grateful for these offers. It is not always possible to take all volunteers, therefore after a given deadline names will be drawn from a hat. If you are not picked but still wish to help please inform your child’s class teacher. Sometimes it may be possible to take extra adults who are willing to pay their own entry.
I look forward to seeing many of you at our Dressing of the Cross Liturgy which will be led by Y3 and Y4 in the school hall at 9.00 next Wednesday. Please could all children bring a single flower in on that day to dress our cross?
Finally I would like to take this opportunity to welcome our new families our school community and know that you will all make a special effort to make them feel welcome.
With very best wishes for a lovely weekend
• Anastasia, Esme, Sergey, Hermione, Holly, Molly, Sophia, Lola, Darcey and Marianne who took
part in the Debs Dancer’s show, Once Upon a Time on Saturday 21st March, at the Chequer Mead Theatre in East Grinstead. They all danced beautifully and it was a wonderful show.
• Special awards were awarded to Anastasia for ballet, Esme for Musical Theatre, Sergey for Modern and Holly was awarded the Deborah Lamb Teacher’s Award.
• Sophia (Y5) who passed with distinction her grade 3 ABRSM violin exam.
• Mai-Rose who gained second place in the C&H Fabrics Sewing Bee competition (under 16’s), in the Eastbourne branch. Mai-Rose designed and made a skirt, this was the first time she had used a sewing machine.
• Toby who passed his piano prep exam. Very promising player.